Do you feel that your clothes feel already tighter? Feel exhausted?
What about anxiety and cravings?
It’s normal for busy parents to feel additional stress around the holidays. Here are some tips on how to go through holidays without gaining too much weight, staying healthy and feeling fabulous.
10 Healthy Holiday Tips:
- Start your day with a glass of warm water with juice of ½ lemon. This simple drink will help detoxify liver and colon as well as suppress appetite. As for me, I take a glass of warm water with 1 tbsp organic apple-cider vinegar and ½ tsp organic honey.
- Eat as much as you can high-fiber foods (regular bowel movements are an important mechanism for removing toxins from your body and losing some weight). Try foods such as fresh fruits, raw green leafy vegetables (kale, collard greens, dandelion greens, spinach, and arugula), whole-grain oatmeal, barley, asparagus, beans, cabbage, carrots, garlic, kale, sweet potatoes, cranberries, prunes. Also consume plenty of foods that are high in pectin, such as apples, carrots, beets, cabbage, citrus fruits.
- Wash your hands. Nearly 80% of dangerous germs will be eliminated. And don’t touch your face: germs enter you through your face (eyes, nose and mouth). Some adults touch their faces more than 100 times.
- Take a break from protein, dairy products, fat and sweets. Try to eat more: soups such as Pumpkin Soup, Mushroom Pumpkin Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, Fennel Soup, etc.; grains, such as brown rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat (especially good for weigh loss) and seasonal vegetables.
- Drink more water, and teas with nettles, ginger, clover, dandelion, burdock root.
- Use detoxifying spices such as turmeric, coriander, cumin, fennel, rosemary, oregano, ginger.
- Have omega-3 foods daily (walnuts, flax seed oil or freshly ground flax seeds, salmon).
- Between meals have healthy snacks (walnuts, raisins, almonds, prunes, figs, carrots, celery, etc.).
- Get some exercise. Try to at least take a walk before and/or after your meal.
- Take time to reduce stress and relax. Try listening to music, enjoying nature, spending time with your friends, dancing, or get a little extra sleep.